Follow a clear liquid diet the day before and the day of the exam. Examples of what you can drink include:
- Clear broth
- Fruit juices (no pulp, no red or purple in color)
- Coffee or hot tea (no dairy products)
- Plain gelatin (no red or purple colors)
- Carbonated Beverages, pop, etc.
DO NOT EAT SOLID FOOD THE DAY BEFORE THE TEST!
- Purchase three (3) Fleet brand enemas (green box).
- You are to use the first enema the evening before your exam
- Take the second enema in the early morning on the day of the exam.
- Take the third enema one hour prior to your exam.
NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK 4 HOURS BEFORE YOUR TEST!
HOLD THE ENEMAS FOR AS LONG AS YOU CAN
- If you are a diabetic, you may have a liquid breakfast at your normal mealtime, but following the enema preparation.
- You may take your usual medications the morning of the examination.
- Please arrive thirty (30) minutes prior to your appointment.