- FOR UPPER EUS: You may have a light dinner the night before the procedure, then nothing to eat past 10:00 pm, unless you need to take blood pressure medication.
- FOR LOWER EUS: Clear liquid diet the day before the test. Nothing red or purple, and no dairy products (including non-dairy products). Use one Fleet Enema the night before the test and one Fleet Enema one hour before you need to be at the hospital. Nothing to eat or drink after midnight, unless you need to take blood pressure medication.
- No aspirin, ibuprofen (Motrin, Aleve, etc.) 6 days prior to the procedure.
- You must bring any recent CT Scan films with you to the procedure.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call the boarding department at (586) 447-0704.
ON THE DAY OF THE EXAM:
- Do not wear any jewelry.
- Due to State Regulations, you MUST have a driver for transportation who must stay with you during the procedure.