Effective May 5, 2014, GI Medicine Associates began collecting all copays due and previous balances owed on account prior to your appointment with the physician or nurse practitioner. If you are unable to pay at the time of your visit, we will gladly reschedule your appointment.
Welcome to our new website ~
GI Medicine Associates is dedicated to providing patients the most advanced diagnostic and treatment options available for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, the liver and the pancreas.
GI Medicine Associates is the largest and most prominent gastroenterology practice in Northeast Metropolitan Detroit. Its development began in 1970 with two physicians and has expanded to a practice of seven physicians, four nurse practitioners, two physician's assistants and a staff of 44.
The physicians of GI Medicine Associates are Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. They are medical specialists in adult medicine who have received in depth training in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, the liver and the pancreas.
Gastroenterologists are trained in a variety of diagnostic tests, many of these are called endoscopies and involve examination of the inside of the digestive system using flexible scopes without the need for surgery.
GI Medicine Associates physicians have developed expertise in special areas of gastroenterology. We have become a preferred referral source of patients with gastrointestinal problems from the medical community in the area. Services include:
- Diagnosis and management of patients with diseases of the digestive system.
- Diagnosis and management of patients with disorders of the liver (hepatology).
- Diagnosis and management of patients with disorders of the pancreas.
- Diagnosis and management of patients with gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD) (esophageal manometry, dilation and Endoscopy treatment).
- Endoscopy of the Upper Gastrointestinal Tract (gastroscopy, enteroscopy).
- Endoscopy of the Colon (colonoscopy, polypectomy).
- Endoscopy of the Biliary Tree and Pancreas (E.R.C.P.).
- Advanced Therapeutic ERCP (stone extraction, stent placement).
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (E.U.S.) and Endoscopic Ultrasound guided FNA.
- Motility Studies of the Esophagus.
- Capsule Endoscopy for Evaluation of the Small Bowel.
GI Medicine Associates' main office is located on Little Mack near 12 Mile Road in St. Clair Shores, close to major crossroads and the I-94 freeway. GI Medicine Associates occupies the west wing and the Eastside Endoscopy Center, a free standing endoscopy ambulatory facility, occupies the east wing.